Do you want to buy a pemf machine but don’t know which to choose? Have you heard of the Bemer PEMF therapy device but are not sure if it is the right choice for you and your family? Ten years ago, I was in the exact same position as you. I had heard of Bemer PEMF therapy but not much more. Since then, I have spent the past decade searching for the answers, so I can help you find the best PEMF machine for your needs.
I am here to help, and in this blog we will cover the “7 biggest mistakes to avoid when buying a Bemer PEMF therapy device”. Avoiding these mistakes will take you one step closer to finding your ideal PEMF therapy machine. (Hint – It may not be Bemer PEMF therapy).
7 Biggest Mistakes To Avoid When Buying a Bemer PEMF Therapy Device
Buying a Bemer PEMF therapy device.
Yes, you did read that correctly! The first mistake to avoid is buying a Bemer pemf therapy device in the first place, without doing your research first. This comes as a surprise to many of my new clients as they assume Bemer Pemf therapy device is the only PEMF mat available because of the Bemer PEMF marketing message. It is not the only system available. And it is not the best. The Bemer PEMF therapy device is a good system, but it terms of value for money, PEMF parameters used, optional extras, device construction, and much more, the PEMF device to choose without doubt, is the iMRS Prime.
Being afraid to do your own PEMF research.
When you begin to research PEMF therapy devices, it can seem like a daunting task because you are faced with so many different systems, which are all claiming to be the best. You will read terms like “Bemer PEMF therapy”, “frequency and intensity”, “waveform and resonance”. You will read about different research findings, device features and options, and different manufacturers. Frankly, it is likely you will not know what to think! Where on earth do you start?
Well, I am a health technology researcher and I have researched many different products and devices over the past 10 years. During this time, I have specialised in the research of PEMF therapy devices and research Bemer PEMF therapy in detail. And I have learnt many lessons along the way. Here are the most important points I have learnt from my PEMF research:
- The existence of the Biological window – Discover by Dr Ross Adey (1976) whose ground breaking research demonstrated that the cells in our body respond favourably to very low frequencies up to 30Hz. This has since been backed up by many other researchers, and it forms a fundamental basis to the beneficial effects of low level PEMF therapy devices such as the iMRS Prime system.
- Martin Pall’s crucial EMF research – There are now many scientists whose independent research has demonstrated the harmful effects of EMFs to our cells occurring as low as 50Hz (the level of domestic household electricity). Probably, the best known EMF researcher is Martin Pall, Professor Emeritus at Washington State University. Martin Pall’s research and many many others, is bad news for high frequency fields, but very good news for low level PEMF Therapy. It highlights what we already know in the low level PEMF community, that our cells are incredibly sensitive to EMFs, and this is precisely why low frequency PEMF Therapy (0-30Hz) can be so beneficial. PEMF targets the same VGCC (effectively a channel into the cell, controlled by a voltage gate), but because the frequency is natural to the cells and at the same level as cells communicate, many beneficial effects can occur.
- Our cells are incredibly sensitive to electromagnetic fields – “The extraordinary sensitivity of the VGCC (voltage gated calcium channel) voltage sensor to the forces of the EMFs tells us that the current safety guidelines allow us to be exposed to EMF levels that are something like 7.2 million times too high.” (Martin Pall 2018). Martin Pall’s research (and many many others) is bad news for high frequency PEMF therapy devices, but very good news for low level PEMF therapy devices such as the iMRS Prime system. This research highlights what we already know in the low power level PEMF therapy community; that our cells are incredibly sensitive to EMFs, and this is precisely why low frequency PEMF Therapy (0-30Hz) can be so beneficial. Low level PEMF therapy targets the same VGCC (effectively a channel into the cell, controlled by a voltage gate) as harmful higher frequencies, but because the frequency is natural to the cells and at the same level as cells communicate, many beneficial effects can occur
- PEMF applicator construction is really important – The importance of a ‘pure’ PEMF therapy signal from a PEMF applicator cannot be underestimated. This is best generated by tightly wound pure copper coils (like the iMRS Prime), without the use of insulating plastic (like the Bemer PEMF therapy device). Insulating plastic may allow for more flexibility in a PEMF mat (take a look at the Bemer website for images of the Bemer PEMF therapy mat bent into different positions) BUT this comes at the cost of a reduced PEMF signal quality reaching the cells of the body.
- Beware of clever PEMF marketing messages – The Bemer PEMF therapy marketing approach is very clever. For a start, there is no such thing as Bemer PEMF therapy. PEMF therapy is PEMF therapy! Bemer is just a brand of PEMF therapy device. Secondly, and more importantly, the Bemer PEMF therapy device is NOT the only PEMF therapy device capable of improving microcirculation. The benefits of PEMF therapy are determined by the parameters used (frequency, intensity, waveform and resonance), not the brand of a PEMF device.
If you follow these points during your PEMF therapy research, the leading manufacturers will stand out, and the best PEMF device for your needs will also stand out.
Lastly, don’t get overwhelmed. I carry out PEMF research everyday (including Bemer PEMF therapy) and I am here to help you navigate your way to the best device for your needs. Although there is one stand out device I recommend to all my clients, (The iMRS Prime), I will be honest with you if it is not a good fit for your needs.
But if you are looking to work with your body to help maintain long term health and wellbeing, and help prevent problems arising, I can confidently say now that you will be very impressed by the iMRS Prime PEMF system, if you are already looking at the Bemer PEMF therapy device.
Assuming greater PEMF is better.
This is a huge point of consideration when you are looking to buy a PEMF device. What does this mean? Well, it is a simple enough assumption to make that the more powerful a PEMF machine, the better the results. Right? Not necessarily! It really depends on what you want to achieve. Before we go any further, let’s revisit that quote above from Professor Martin Pall (2018) :
“The extraordinary sensitivity of the VGCC (voltage gated calcium channel) voltage sensor to the forces of the EMFs tells us that the current safety guidelines allow us to be exposed to EMF levels that are something like 7.2 million times too high.” (Martin Pall 2018).
This should serve as a reminder that the focus of all PEMF therapy devices (including Bemer PEMF therapy) is the cell, and it is a very sensitive structure. Much more than most people realise! And so it follows, that it is perfectly possible to overstimulate the cells in the body with a PEMF therapy signal that is too high powered.
How do you tell if a PEMF device is high or low level powered? The distinction between the two is made by comparing the amount of electricity (volts measurement) that is generated when producing the electromagnetic field of the PEMF therapy device (Gauss measurement).
Lower power intensity PEMF therapy devices (including Bemer PEMF therapy) usually generate less than 1,000 Gauss whist higher Intensity systems generate between 1,000 to 50,000 Gauss. These devices should only be used in a clinical setting by practitioners thoroughly trained in the principles of PEMF therapy application. They are not suitable for long term use. Proponents of higher power systems state that the greater the energy passing into the body, the greater the benefits. This is not necessarily the case. Particularly for long term home use for health promotion. This is because it is a high possibility that the cells within our body will because overstimulated.
Why low powered PEMF therapy is much better for long term home use – Low power level PEMF devices combine low PEMF intensity with low PEMF therapy frequency. This is a crucial part of the process. Low frequency systems generally use a frequency range consistent with what is termed the ‘biological window’; a research backed PEMF frequency range below 30Hz (Adey et al 1976). This range has been repeatedly shown to be the optimum frequency range for creating cellular response, and the many health benefits that can result from this.
Why not use a higher frequency level at home? It is a fair question to ask why not just use a wider frequency range, to also include above 30Hz? Well, increasing levels of research (including Prof Martin Pall and many others) are demonstrating the potential harmful effects of electromagnetic fields above just 50Hz.
Whilst using frequencies above this level can be beneficial for specific short term conditions where it is necessary to temporarily override the body’s own physiology, higher frequencies above 30Hz are NOT suited to a PEMF therapy device for long term home use. These frequencies should only be utilised by practitioners in a clinical setting, to target a specific short term condition. So, we can see there is a clear distinction to be made when choosing a PEMF therapy device for home use; If you are looking for long term health promotion, you should choose a low level PEMF mat device. If you are need of short term treatment for a specific condition, you should attend a clinical setting if choosing to use higher power systems. (In this case, it is best to also have your own low level system at home to support your long term wellbeing).
So, if you are already aware of the Bemer PEMF therapy device, you are already considering a low level PEMF device (even if you didn’t realise it). The Bemer PEMF therapy device is a well known low level PEMF device due to a clever marketing message. It is a good system but it is certainly not the only low level device available. And it is actually not the best. This accolade belongs to the iMRS Prime PEMF therapy device.
Believing that all low level PEMF therapy devices are the same.
As I have alluded to above, PEMF devices varying greatly in power and application. We have established that for home use, low level PEMF systems are the most appropriate choice. Now we will take a look at the way these type of devices are made, and the marketing messages they employ. Some PEMF devices are made to be appealing due to a lower price, but compromise on technology, construction and application. Other PEMF devices, such as the iMRS Prime, are made from premium materials for the best possible performance and PEMF benefits, providing a fantastic long term investment in your health.
iMRS Prime PEMF therapy device features: ALL applicators feature tightly wound pure copper coils, with a graded intensity slightly higher at the feet than the head. (Just as your body expects it to be). No insulating plastic used (like the Bemer PEMF therapy device). The iMRS Prime Exagon Spot applicator provides a Helmholtz effect, centred between the two applicator surfaces, for enhanced healing benefits. The Bemer PEMF therapy device does not do this. In fact, if you wrap the B.Pad applicator around your body, the signal will cancel itself out, as there is only one coil within the applicator. iMRS Prime Sets feature the Exagon Sense HRV biofeedback system. This is a game changing feature and sets the iMRS Prime even further apart from the Bemer PEMF therapy device. Why? Because unlike the other PEMF devices (including Bemer PEMF therapy), the iMRS Prime Exagon Sense is able to listen to your body’s physiology and determine exactly the right PEMF settings for your health requirements.
Buying from a company without a track record of innovation and expertise.
I encounter many clients who have heard of the Bemer PEMF therapy device but are not aware of other devices, or who makes them. It can be really important when choosing the best PEMF device for your needs, to understand a bit about the history of the device, the manufacturer and their reputation. Have they made a PEMF therapy device before, or is it their first attempt? I say this because there are now a number of new PEMF companies coming to the market with their first device. Some of them are making big claims about portability, even running from mobile operating systems. It is incredibly difficult to develop an effective PEMF system for home use; to develop a reliable and effective PEMF signal, not to mention having the battery power to achieve this. The claims of some of these new devices do not stand up to close scrutiny, so it is best to be aware and to always ask for details of the PEMF parameters being employed by any device you are interested in. Any reputable manufacturer will happily provide these.
In the case of the iMRS Prime (Swiss Bionic Solutions) and the Bemer PEMF therapy device (Bemer Group), both manufacturers have around 20 years experience in the PEMF industry, and have manufactured previous devices. Swiss Bionic Solutions, the manufacturer of the iMRS Prime device, have manufactured seven previous generations of the iMRS series. And each generation of the iMRS system has been an example of their continuous innovation as market leaders of PEMF therapy devices for home use. The iMRS Prime stands at the pinnacle of this continuous innovation and evolution, as the world’s first six dimensional home wellness system.
Buying the wrong PEMF machine for your needs.
As mentioned above, it is vital to understand your own needs and the needs of your family, when choosing to buy a PEMF therapy device. If you are looking for a PEMF device to use from home for long term health and wellbeing promotion (plus prevention of problems arising), the only choice to consider is a low level PEMF mat device. You may have already heard of the Bemer PEMF therapy device, but now you are also aware of the iMRS Prime! One additional point to mention here is if you (or a family member) already know you are sensitive to surrounding electronic devices such as WiFi and mobile phones. In this case, the iMRS Prime stands apart as the best choice as it includes specific low frequency and intensity settings designed for sensitive individuals. And it is the only PEMF therapy device to include an automatic frequency organ clock to adjust to the changing needs of your body throughout the day and night. Finally, it is also is the only device to feature heart rate variability (HRV) biofeedback, for an unrivalled personalised PEMF therapy experience.
Buying without after sales training and support.
It is possible to buy a PEMF therapy device from a representative without much healthcare experience at all. But I certainly wouldn’t recommend it. Even if the PEMF therapy systemic question is very easy to operate (the iMRS Prime is very easy to set up and operate), your family’s health requirements may not be so straightforward. Buying the right PEMF therapy device is only the beginning of your journey. You must also ensure you have the support and knowledge to help you obtain the optimum benefits for you and your family’s needs. If you are considering the Bemer PEMF therapy device, it is important to note that the sales representative may not even own or use their own Bemer PEMF therapy device. By comparison, the manufacturer of the iMRS Prime system requires all representatives to own and regularly use their own system, to fully understand how the system works, but also to be able to adapt to the different requirements of each individual using a PEMF mat system.
At Samuel Maddock Health our founder and lead practitioner, Samuel Maddock, has helped over 15,000 clients and patients to improve their health and wellbeing during a 20 year career. He is an award winning osteopath and functional medicine practitioner. He has also been researching and testing PEMF therapy devices for over a decade and has completed advanced training in PEMF therapy. All of Samuel’s knowledge and experience is provided to each and every client of Samuel Maddock Health. (The Samuel Maddock PEMF Health training package is currently available free of charge with every iMRS Prime device purchase).
7 Biggest Mistakes To Avoid When Buying a Bemer PEMF Therapy Device
- Buying a Bemer PEMF therapy device – Don’t buy a Bemer PEMF therapy device in the first place.
- Being afraid to do your own PEMF research – The Bemer PEMF therapy marketing message is clever. But the iMRS Prime is a superior device.
- Assuming greater PEMF is better – The Bemer PEMF therapy device and iMRS Prime are both low level PEMF devices, but the iMRS Prime offers more value for money.
- Believing that all low level PEMF therapy devices are the same – The Bemer PEMF therapy device is not the best low level PEMF device available. That accolade belongs to the iMRS Prime.
- Buying from a company without a track record of innovation and expertise – The companies behind the Bemer PEMF therapy device and the iMRS Prime both have a strong track record, but the iMRS Prime stands above its rivals as the most innovative PEMF device available.
- Buying the wrong PEMF machine for your needs – The Bemer PEMF therapy device may seem like the simple choice, but if you take a closer look you will see the iMRS Prime offers so much more; More PEMF Frequencies, More PEMF Intensities, More PEMF Waveforms, More PEMF Options, and much more.
- Buying without after sales training and support – At Samuel Maddock Health we offer unrivalled training and support packages with every purchase.
I have spent the past 10 years searching for the best pemf therapy machine for home use. The iMRS Prime is the best. If you want to find out why, or if you want to place your order today at the best price, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Still deciding which pemf machine to buy? Read this next…