Please read before your osteopathic consultation with Samuel Maddock.
Please also note, if you are asked to provide details of your recent contacts to a Covid-19 contact tracing agency, please categorise your appointment with me as a ‘healthcare’ and not a ‘general’ contact. Thank you.
Osteopathic consultations as a result of Covid-19 – What are the changes you should expect?
To request an appointment please contact me here.
I have taken the following precautions to safeguard the welfare of my patients during each clinic visit. These are as follows:
- Pre-screening of all patients for possible Covid-19 infection will take place on the day before a proposed clinic visit. This will be carried out via a video or telephone call. (New patients will be offered a video conference call).
Covid-19 screening questions will include the following:
- Has there been a change in the status of your general health since your last treatment?
- Have there been any symptoms of Covid-19 in your household during the last 14 days, such as a new cough, raised temperature or loss of taste or smell?
- Have you come into close contact with anyone who has had any of the above symptoms during the last 14 days?
- Has anyone in your household or anyone you have come into close contact with, been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a Covid-19 test since your last treatment? If so, what was the result of this test?
- Have you travelled from a country on the current UK Covid-19 quarantine list in the last 14 days?
- Have you read the Samuel Maddock Health Covid-19 protocol document (this document) and do you consent to a face to face treatment?
- Each patient will be asked to bring their own face covering for use during the consultation.
- Each patient will be asked to attend the clinic alone wherever possible, except for when a chaperone may be required.
- Each patient will be asked to wear freshly washed and comfortable clothes for their clinic appointment.
- Full sanitisation of all contactable surfaces will take place within the clinic before all patient appointments.
- The clinic treatment room will be aerated for a minimum of 20 minutes before each sanitisation will take place.
- During a consultation, we will observe social distancing recommendations wherever possible, including both before and after the osteopathic treatment has taken place.
- All patient appointments will be spaced to avoid any patient cross over, or waiting time.
- All patients will be asked not to arrive early for their consultation, in order to avoid possible patient to patient contact.
- All patients will be required to wash and sanitise their hands prior to entering the clinic room.
- Upon arrival to the clinic, the temperature of each patient will be taken using a non-contact device.
- All payments for osteopathic consultations will need to be made in advance via PayPal or bank transfer please, to avoid the necessary contact requirements of in-clinic payment.
Why is PPE necessary during clinic consultations?
Please note that osteopathic treatment requires close personal contact and it is therefore necessary for me to wear Protective Personal Equipment (PPE) during all osteopathic consultations. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Please also note that whilst I have taken all reasonable measures to minimise the risk of coronavirus infection, it is not possible to fully eradicate the risk to each patient during their visit to the Bath Osteopathy and Personalised Health Clinic.
Osteopathic Appointments – What to expect?
In line with Public Health England requirements, all patient consultations will now take place in two parts as follows:
Existing Patient Consultations
- A 15 minute remote consultation will take place the day before the proposed in-clinic appointment, which will include Covid-19 screening questions. This will also include questions relating to your need for osteopathic treatment and the nature of your presenting complaint. There will be an opportunity to ask any questions, receive advice, and prescribe video exercises if appropriate.
- Provided that we both agree that it is appropriate for us to meet in clinic following your Covid-19 screening, the second half of your osteopathic consultation will take place in clinic on the following day.
- Existing patient fees are £75, payable via PayPal prior to your consultation.
- To request an appointment please contact me here.
New Patient Consultations
(Please note that due to high appointment demand, there is currently a waiting list for new patient appointments. For further details please enquire here).
- A 30 minute initial remote consultation will take place the day before your proposed in-clinic appointment, which will include Covid-19 screening questions and an assessment of your general health status and Covid-19 infection risk. This will also include your new patient case history, an opportunity to ask any questions and receive advice, plus receive video exercises if appropriate.
- Provided that we both agree that it is appropriate for us to meet in clinic following your Covid-19 screening, the second half of your consultation will take place in clinic on the following day, for a further 30 minutes.
- New patient fees are £90, payable via PayPal prior to your consultation.
- To request an appointment please contact me here.
Covid-19 Osteopathy Information Video
To help prepare you for your osteopathic consultation, I would also recommend that you watch the following short video.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
Very best wishes and take care,